College of Engineering, Pune (COEP), which is ranked among the top engineering colleges in the country and is also one of the oldest engineering colleges in Asia, is organising their annual technical festival, MindSpark. A student’s initiative, it is a platform that helps bring together some of the sharpest engineering minds in the country. Since its inception in 2007, MindSpark has grown to become one of the most coveted events, receiving a footfall of over 20,000 in the last edition.
MindSpark’18, title sponsored by CDK Global, is in its 12th edition. This year, under the patronage of UNESCO, Digital India and Skill India, it seeks to promote an integrated approach to solve the various facets of technological limitations through their theme ‘MindSpark 18: Imbibing Technacy’.
The festival will be held from September 28 to 30 and will encompass 55+ events, both technical and non-technical, spread across all the branches of engineering.
MindSpark’18 will also include Keynote Lecture Series, Technical Exhibition 2.0 and Education Fair. Other events and attractions include Robowars, Bot Wrestling, The Amazing Race, Wheelomation, RedBull Dota Contest, Gaming Zone, Paintball Zone and much more.
Here is a line-up of the three-day festival:
- 55+ events, divided into 12 modules; Structura, Dynamus, Silicus, Voltus, Substantia, Ideam, Robustus, Accelero, Prodigium, Fascinus, Cognitio and Illuminati. These events cover all branches of Engineering, along with a few non-technical events. The most loved events include Robowars, Dog Fight, Bot Wrestling, Take Off, Wright Turn etc.
- The second edition of the Technical Exhibition will be held on September 28 and 29, and will showcase innovative ideas and resourceful engineering put to good use. Around 30 startups and projects from across the country will display their products and inventions over the two days.
- Education Fair 2018 will provide students with a brief idea about education abroad and will be held on September 28.
- Technical Championship is the most celebrated and the flagship event of MindSpark’18. Teams will participate in a series of competitions that will test their nerves in all disciplines of engineering, and if they conquer them all, they will be bestowed with the grand title of the MindSpark’18 Champions along with the glorious championship trophy and a whopping prize money!
- Keynote Lecture Series will include talks from eminent personalities from various fields which will ignite students’ minds. The previous keynote speakers include Dr R Chidambaram, Dr K Radhakrishnan, Sonam Wangchuk, Christopher Benninger, Medha Patkar and several others.
- Hackathon 3.0, a 24-hour coding competition, which was held on September 15 and 16, saw a participation of 55 teams from all across the country and who coded for 24 hours straight.
- The first edition of HELLA Makeathon was also held on September 15 and 16. HELLA India Automotive gave industrial problem statements to the participants. The team with the best solution was declared the winner.
- MindSpark’18 Workshop Series consisted of both in-house and outreach workshops. MindSpark Team organised six workshops in cities like Nashik, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Raigad and Amravati. The in-house workshops that were held on September 15 and 16 consisted of seven workshops from different domains.
MindSpark’18 has a lot more in store for students, so be a part of the extravaganza. Students from both engineering as well as non-engineering backgrounds are welcome to be a part of the festival and get an experience of a lifetime.
For more details, visit: www.mind-spark.org