If chocolate is on your mind!
With winter setting in and cold winds blowing in, you need to sip on a hot cup of cocoa to feel warm and cosy. You can always grab your favourite Hot Chocolate but a few chocolate-infused recipes will add more fun to your winter fiesta and the season of joy.
DARK CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN WALNUT OAT PUDDING
- Low fat cream (20%).. - .250ml
- Pumpkin puree. - ..75gm
- Cinnamon powder... - 1tsp
- Cocoa powder... - 30gm
- Quick cooking oats... - 40gm
- 52% dark couverture chocolate , chopped... - 150gm
- Brown sugar... - 75gm
- Honey... - 50gm
- Roasted walnuts, chopped... - 75gm
Roasted walnut halves, persimmon slices
Organic rose petals
- Place all the ingredients, except for the walnuts, in a heavy bottom pan and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken.
- Once it becomes as thick as custard, take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Allow it to cool, then ladle into serving glasses, bowls and chill for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Top with roasted walnut halves, fresh seasonal fruits like figs, persimmons, candied pumpkin.
- Sprinkle over a few organic rose petals or pomegranate pearls for a pop of colour.
(Recipes by Deeba Rajpal — recipe developer and food blogger)
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN TART
For Tart Biscuit Base
- Walnuts, toasted.. - .50gm
- Digestive biscuits.. - .50gm
- Ghee (or melted butter). - ..50gm
FOR CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN FILLING
- 72% dark couverture chocolate, chopped... - 200gm
- Single cream, warmed but not boiling. - ..50gm
- Fresh pumpkin puree (made from roasting approx 200g pumpkin)... - 100gm
- Orange zest. - .. 1 orange
- Maple syrup (or honey). - ..25ml
- Walnut butter.. - .15gm
- Pie spice (or cinnamon powder/ garam masala} - ...5gm
- For tart biscuit base, chop walnuts in a processor jar, then add the digestive biscuits and process again until finely chopped.
- Stir in the melted ghee.
- Turn into a 7 inch loose bottomed tart tin, pressing the sides into place, and then the base.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the base for 10 minutes.
- For the Chocolate Pumpkin filling, heat chocolate in a large heatproof bowl for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Pour over the cream and leave for 5 minutes and whisk all the ingredients.
- Pour over baked walnut biscuit tart shell, and level out with an offset spatula.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, then leave it to cool in the oven.
- Chill for a couple of hours, grate dark chocolate over it and top with California walnuts halves.
- Slice and serve.