Four cars in one!
The new Audi A4 35 TFSI strikes you with its bold looks and on-board technology
It is always a challenge for a premium manufacturer like Audi to keep evolving. So how does the German carmaker fare with its upgraded version of the Audi A4? Step inside the all-new Audi A4 35TFSI and you will know. You will be greeted by an interior that remains thoroughly premium, with lovely black textures, lush leather and good quality materials.
The car is already one of the most popular models in the country and also extremely popular globally. The Audi A4 new-generation takes the model to a completely new level offering a great package. The technology available on the earlier Audi A4 has been redeveloped. High priority has been placed on efficiency, driveability and high-class infotainment.
The all-new Audi A4 35TFSI has a new generation 1.4 TFSI engine with newly developed combustion methods which sets the benchmark in terms of fuel consumption, at the same time packing a good performance. The engine produces maximum power of 150 hp.
The A3’s refresh for 2017 amounts to quite a few mild tweaks on the outside. Upfront, there’s the A4-like single frame grille and air dams that are a lot more aggressive looking than before. The LED headlamp cluster now gets the same kink as the A4’s. At the back, the most obvious change are the tail lamps with sharper detailing and dynamic turn indicators — the latter really lifts up the premium quotient, if you ask us.
However, the most important highlight of the car is its technology. The car gets Audi Virtual Cockpit with 2 Display modes, the MMI operating concept including free-text search function which can also be operated by multifunction steering wheel and natural-language voice control. It also has a multifunction 3-spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters.
In addition, one gets wireless phone charging function, dual-zone climate control, a revised three-spoke steering wheel, leather upholstery, panoramic sunroof, front and rear parking sensors and a 7-inch retractable screen for the MMI infotainment system.
The car also offers the Audi drive select with four driving modes: Comfort, Dynamic, Auto and Individual, and it truly feels like four cars in one! The car also handles potholes admirably well.
AUDI A4 35 TFSI AT A GLANCE
Exterior design and body
- Athletic proportions and sporty elegance
- LED headlights with rear dynamic turn indicators
- Lightweight construction Interior
- The longest interior and generous shoulder width at the front is best in this class
- Interior design has large decorative surfaces and continuous air vent strip, new materials, spacious interior, LED interior lighting as standard equipment, first-class workmanship
- Three zone automatic air conditioning
- Audi virtual cockpit with 2 display modes
- MMI operating concept including free-text search function
- Can also be operated by multifunction steering wheel and natural-language voice control
- Multifunction 3 spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters
- 1.4 TFSI engine generating 150hp and 250 Nm of torque
- Accelerates from 0-100 in 8.5 secs
- Top speed of 210 kmph
- Fuel consumption of 17.85kmpl (ARAI certified)
- Audi parking aid plus with rear view camera
- 8 airbags
- ABS with EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) with traction control
- Audi A4 35 TFSI Premium + Sunroof Optional price in India is pegged around Rs 35 Lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).