With the rising number of runners, cyclists and fitness enthusiasts, the need for devices and technical tools to track one’s fitness activities has also grown in the last few years. From a fitness watch to an app, one can go for any tool that suits one’s requirement.
Strava, available on both iOS and android, is an app with multiple features and perfect for those striving to reach their fitness goals.
The multi-dimensional app tracks your runs and bicycle rides and lets you compete with other runners, cyclists who are using the same app. It always rewards you by putting your name on top of the leaderboard if you are the one to run the fastest.
The app uses the phone’s GPS to map your route and track your speed. You’ll see the segments marked on a map in the app. Strava also has an auto-stop feature that pauses recording when it detects that you’re standing still, so no cheating!
The app also records your distance, time and speed so that you have a count of how many calories you are burning or how closer you are to your goal. You can track your swimming as well, by simply logging into your smartphone.
The app offers the paid Premium version, offering personalised coaching, live feedback, and advanced analysis.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE APP
Track your runs
- Activity tracking: During and after activity, get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burnt, as well as an interactive map of your activity.
- Personal challenge: Participate in monthly challenges designed to push you further.
- Segments: Runs and rides can get long – see how you fared on sub-sections of your activity with ‘Strava Segments’
Connect with friends
- Social training: Follow friends, training buddies and pros to view each other’s activities and encourage them with kudos and comments
- Activity photos: Showcase the best moments of your run or ride.
- Friendly competition: Dig deep and shoot for a top time on segment leaderboards.
- Strava on social: Share activity details on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Sync with your device
- Device friendly: Strava works with almost all GPS running watches, cycling computers and activity trackers.
- Heart rate: Train with a heart rate monitor for additional performance data.
- Android wear: Record and upload an entire Strava activity without using your phone with the Android Wear 2.0 watches.