Feeling bloated? Or too sluggish to wake up early? Suffering from inflammation and acidity? If the answers are ‘yes’, the remedies are at hand — in your refrigerator. Scoop some ginger and lemon, and mint leaves to blend them in a drink. Or take tomatoes, lime and basil to help you deal with hypertension. Above all, these drinks will keep you fuller, so that you eat less and thus aid you in weight loss.
Here are a few weight loss drinks...
GINGER AND LIME CLEANSER
- Ginger (chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Lime. - 1/2
- Mint leaves (finely chopped) - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Add ginger and water in a blender and give it a spin.
- Strain the water in a glass. Add lime juice and cumin powder.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves, stir well and drink.
The active compound called gingerol is an excellent tonic for the bowels. Due to its stimulant nature it also helps to boost metabolism. Lime is an excellent cleanser and helps to balance body weight. Cumin and mint are digestive spices and act as excellent diuretic thus helping to flush out the extra water.
FENNEL DETOX DRINK
- Roasted fennel seeds - 2 tsp
- Roasted fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Cucumber - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon powder - a pinch
- Blend the seeds to a fine powder.
- Add cucumber to it and blend. Add water and give a spin.
- Strain the juice in to a glass. Add cinnamon powder; stir and consume.
- Fennel helps to boost metabolism. It has fat burning properties as well.
- Fenugreek will induce a feeling of fullness in the stomach for an entire day.
- This will decrease the feeling of hunger which will result in visible weight loss.
ZERO CALORIE CELERY SHOT
- Celery stalk - 1/2 cup
- Ashgourd (Lauki) - 1/2 cup
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
- Black pepper (freshly ground) - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Blend celery stalk and ashgourd together in a blender.
- Add water and give a spin.
- Pour it in a glass and add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and a pinch of black pepper. Stir well and consume.
- Celery aids weight loss by accelerating the lipid metabolism and helps in reducing cholesterol.
- It is considered as a negative calorie food as the body requires more energy than what it gives to metabolise.
- Ashgourd is a highly alkaline vegetable, which helps to prevent increased acid secretions and also reduces inflammation.
- Kokum extract - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Mix the kokum extract and water to get a uniform consistency.
- Add cardamom powder; stir and consume.
Kokum contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA) which suppresses appetite and burns fat. It has cooling affect and is a must drink during summers. Kokum has natural antioxidants and is helpful in treating cancer. It helps with indigestion and allergies too.
LIME AND TOMATO BURNER
- Tomatoes (chopped)- 1 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Black salt - a pinch
- Basil - 4 leaves
- Blend the tomatoes and basil to a fine consistency.
- Add lime juice and a pinch of black salt. Stir well before drinking.
Tomatoes are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that act against diabetes, obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease and cancer. Limes are universal cleansers, rich in vitamin C, has antioxidant activity, boosts immunity and metabolism.