As we step into a new year, bidding goodbye to all the bad news and events of the last year, and carrying the good forward, here’s a wishful list of the kind of news we would love to hear this year
1) I&B Ministry cracks down on ‘noisy’ news channels
The ministry has issued notices to all TV news channels regarding the decibel levels that must be maintained by their prime-time anchors in the news rooms. If these are crossed, the channel will be pulled up by the concerned authorities.
2) Shashi Tharoor promises to tweet using simple English
3) Iphone’s latest version to be launched at a price as low as Rs 18,000
4) President Donald Trump goes missing while scaling the Alps
5) Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis’ chopper finally takes off without any glitch
6) Women rejoice as they get official period leave
Having created a lot of controversy giving rise to numerous debates, it is time for women across the globe to celebrate as companies sanction period leave on the first the day of a woman’s period. While this has been implemented in the corporate world, soon enough, domestic helps and students at school and college levels will also be granted one day of period leave.
7) RSS announces ‘designer chaddis’ for its members
8) Biryani declared the Indian national dish
9) Samsung ends war with Apple
10) Kingfisher goes from chicks to birds - brings out calendar with bird pictures!
11) Booker Prize winner Arundhati Roy launches a campaign to protect men’s rights
12) Fuel prices to be cut down by Rs 2 per month in the new year
In a monumental declaration, due to massive slash in the Central and State taxes and global crude oil prices, petrol and diesel prices have considerably gone down in India. Fuel being one of the most sensitive commodities affecting the price of many other goods, will soon become affordable, leading to price cut in other commodities as well.
13) PMO’s Twitter handle hacked; uploads posts saying ‘Beef ban is lifted’
14) Patanjali to launch Yoga lingerie
15) India pulls ahead of China in Olympics medal tally; bags 74 in total
16) Rajinikanth calls it quits, bids goodbye to films and politics
17) Kangana Ranaut declares one-month ‘maun vrat’
18) Government makes Aadhar mandatory for registering on Tinder